The two free circular routs in Valdosta stopped the end of December. Low-cost transportation options have just been posted.
This is an amazingly complete, 31 page document with contact information, abuse, advocacy, behavior, crisis, disability, developmental disability, housing, learning, mental health, neurology, Parent 2 Parent,rehabs,residential, respite, state agencies, transitional, veterans, vision...
If we had a staff, we could break out the individual agencies, include and verify additional information. If we had the webmaster we've needed, we could post all of the individual agencies with links to their website.
See National Information for document.
1. Gail Seifert, Director of the Ware County Children's Initiative, is working diligently with their teen pregnancy/teen moms group, Hope Circle, to help these girls achieve an education, learn parenting skills, and learn about choices and how they can affect your future. Brantley, Pierce, and Ware counties, have written into their Annual Plans, a partnership in the coming fiscal year for a Tri-County Initiative. We know their is strength in numbers and we hope to bring some great programs into fruition soon!
2. Sharon Paris, Kinship Navigator for DFCS, is looking for families who need her help. She guides and supports families that are raising children that are not their own. They do not have to be related to receive assistance. If you know of any families that are raising someone else's children as their own please contact Sharon Paris email@example.com (229) 237-2076 . She has an amazing amount of knowledge and experience. These caregivers need all the support they can get!
3. John McCrae, ACA Navigator with McKinney Medical, without a repeal to the Affordable Care Act, families should still be enrolling for insurance whether it's through the exchange or through their place of work. Open enrollment for ACA this year will be from November 1st - December 31st.
4. Anita Young, Parent, Family, and Community Engagement with Concerted Services, Head Start, wants all families that have children 0-4 to fill out an enrollment form for Head Start/ Early Head Start for the upcoming year. Special considerations are given to children with Special Needs.
5. Kristi Murphy, Parent Mentor for PC Schools, invites everyone out to Autism Awareness Day, a FREE event for the WHOLE community with food, bounce houses, crafts, for kids, etc. on April 29th at the Okefenokee Heritage Center !!
6. Laneisha Williams with Unison Behavioral Health has invited everyone to Mary ST. Park on May 1st from 4-6 for FUN DAY IN THE PARK. A free family event! Come on out and show your support for Unison and the community.
Some other highlights....
Final food distribution for this distribution period is May 9th from 11-1. The next sign up day will be around the second week in August.
Teen Maze for Pierce County will be sometime in October, be ready to come out and visit us on Community Night!!
On the 26th and 27th, I will be attending the SEHD Annual Meeting with Ambi and Gail in Macon. In this Region for SEHD 14 of the 16 counties have Teen Maze and the other 2 have signed up to get one started. That's a HUGE feat! Hooray!
Over 300 books have gone out of the little library in Blackshear City Park and as of today, we have funding for another one, AND we have received close to 500 books in donations during our recent book drive!
Our next collaborative meeting is May 17th, then we will break for summer!
Just a reminder that Farm Days will be this Saturday. Be sure to use your EBT card to purchase food; you get Buy One Get One!
The Southern Georgia Regional Commission and Valdosta-Lowndes Metropolitan Planning Organization have developed a report entitled “Valdosta Urbanized Area Transit Implementation” for the community to review as we continue the discussion of an Urban Transit system in the Valdosta-Lowndes area. For details, visit News For Professionals on our website.
Weekend Teen Focus MH Intensive Outpatient Program and Evening Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for Substance Abuse patients.
This past Saturday, April 8th, we started our weekend Teen Focus MH Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). The program will run on Saturdays from 9:30-2:30, and Sundays from 9:30-1:30. We will be transporting patients from Tifton, Adel, and Hahira pick up points, but all adolescents aged 12-17 are welcome. Prior to the adolescents beginning the program, they along with their parents or legal guardian will be required to come to Greenleaf one day during the week to complete an assessment and meet with our child and adolescent psychiatrist. Please contact me with any questions or information about the weekend program.
We are also starting an evening Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for Substance Abuse patients on Monday, April 10th. The substance abuse IOP program will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings from 5:30-8:30.
For more details, see Meeting & Events in the Provider section.
Second Harvest of South Georgia will be offering free food assistance boxes to qualified senior citizens beginning on Monday, April 17.
For details, see your website.
Suncrest Home Health out of Adel and Valdosta is looking for a PRN social worker. Call the office at 229 896 8177
For detailed information on Care Net, click here.
Google Chrome users - You will need to add an extension to your browser. Click here to go tp the page
SocialServicesDatabase.info℠ for Professionals, Para-Professionals and Guardians
HeartwardBound.com℠ News and Updates & Funding Support Projects and Updates